[dokuwiki] Re: Tagging on Dokuwiki

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:47:37 +0200

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > DokuWiki is simple and good. But I think it is better if one can place
> > tags on pages besides the namespace hierarchy. I know that there is a
> > tag plug-in by Esther Brunner but I didn't found it is what I am expected.
>
> the only thing I'm missing in the tags plugin is a function to allow it
> to auto-create the tags pages with a pre-defined content. Removing them
> is not soo hard, but adding a new tag in a blog post is annoying,
> because you ahve to add the tag's page first.

What about putting a namespace template [1] into the tags namespace
which reads:

    ====== @PAGE ======
    {{topic>@PAGE@}}

You can create these pages then after adding a not yet existing tag to a
blog entry very easy by just add-tag->click-link->open->save->done. Not
fully automated but better than typing the whole stuff again and again.

Cheers
chi

[1] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:namespace_templates

--