[dokuwiki] Re: Tagging on Dokuwiki

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:02:41 +0200

Adrian Sai-wah Tam wrote:
> DokuWiki is simple and good. But I think it is better if one can place
> tags on pages besides the namespace hierarchy. I know that there is a
> tag plug-in by Esther Brunner but I didn't found it is what I am expected.
>
> The tag plug-in can help classifying pages and it should be *embedded*
> into DokuWiki just like the search function. We should be able to:
> 1. Create new tags or delete tags in the admin page
> 2. Select tags from the editing toolbar when we are editing
> 3. The tags shall be listed in the footnote just like the creation date
>
> Tags should be part of the metadata of a page, too. Actually, did
> anybody discussed about this issue so far?

The following describes what I do on my wiki (not for the blog part
though), I just use standard DokuWiki features:

I use normal wiki links at the bottom of the pages wich point to a page
that represents a "tag" ie:

    **Tags:** [[:tag:foo]], [[:tag:bar]]

On those "tag" pages I use the backlinks plugin to show the list of
pages which link to the page. So, new tags can be created by just
linking to them, the referenced pages by each tag are part of the
metadata of the "tag" page itself and its *embedded* as they`re just
normal wiki links.

Regards
chi

--