[dokuwiki] Re: Re-generating of meta information for pages

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:15:10 +0900

On 23 Feb 2009, at 21:43, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:

I noticed, that Doku_Renderer_metadata:73:header() is never called.  I
am using the following plugin as a extension for build-in headers:

http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/dokuwiki/doku.php/tutorials/header

Oh!

I wouldn't use that plugin. Its an aborted experiment into adding formatting within headers. To work effectively it needs a guarantee that all syntax modes are using the 'cdata' instruction for actual content. That guarantee is impossible to get.

As I understand, if plugin overrides some build-in functionality, the
rendrer's header() is never called? Basically, I need to check in
plugin:header

if (metadata is being rendered)
{
        if (!$this->meta['title']) $this->meta['title'] = $text;
if ($this->capture && ($level > 1)) $this->doc .= DOKU_LF. $text.DOKU_LF;
}

It doesn't handle metadata. Look in the render() function, it only handles the 'xhtml' $mode value. It would need to handle 'meta' to ensure the title gets into the metadata.

- Chris