[dokuwiki] Re: Re-generating of meta information for pages

  • From: Dmitry Katsubo <dma_k@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:02:40 +0100

Christopher Smith wrote on 24.02.2009 2:40:
> No, its much more complex than that.  The plugin doesn't separate header
> determination from output format.  That is, there is no concept of
> "$text".  In "xhtml" format it doesn't know the header text until it
> processes its own header_close instruction and the plugin only knows the
> header text in xhtml mode.

Thanks for the note!

So, the cure is to turn headers into 'formatting' (not 'substition'). Is
it the right direction? And the changes should be made in the core... At
least footers can be a good example of that. The limitation that links
cannot be included into links and headers into headers can be checked
the same way like code for footers does. Anyway the practical benefit of
having extended formatting syntax is much higher for me, than the
potential risk of having non-valid HTML.

Thank you!