[dokuwiki] Re: Re-generating of meta information for pages

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:20:37 +0900

On 20 Feb 2009, at 06:11, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:

Hi Christopher!

I have defined h1 header (or at least some header) for all my wiki
pages. I saw the code, that fetches the first header and puts it into
.meta file (inc/parserutils.php:p_set_metadata():269). I am not sure,
when this code is triggered...

What I expect, page headers are used by indexmenu plugin (in navigation
tree, syntax {{indexmenu>..|js navbar id#random}}

And I cannot see "title" key in *.meta files... Wired. So it simple
cannot work until it is not there.

Thanks a lot for you hep!

Please, lets follow the list etiquette and bottom post.

Title isn't placed in metadata by p_set_metadata(), it is created as part of the metadata renderer (inc/parser/metadata.php:74), the first header found in the wiki page becomes the title. The code that does this isn't effected by the "useheading" setting.

I'm not familiar with the indexmenu plugin, any part of DokuWiki or plugin that uses standard dokuwiki functions for internal wiki links should have the link text set with reference to the "useheading" function. Exceptions are the two search functions mentioned earlier where the search is carried out on the filename, so it wouldn't make sense to have search results which don't match the search terms.

The "title" tag has been part of metadata since its inception. If your metadata doesn't have the "title" tag and your pages have headings, something seems to have gone wrong with the metadata generation or its later manipulation. A first step in fixing the problem would be to expire your cache (update your conf/local.php) and spider your wiki to force recreation of transient metadata for every page.

In the latest release there is a change to the "useheading" config option. It now takes one of four possible values rather than simply on or off. However the change is designed to be backwards compatible, for more details see http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=dokuwiki;a=commit;h=20081119140758-f07c6-6e26456d50dcecc949fada31b0d4e72877fde1cc.gz

- Chris