[dokuwiki] Re: Online configuration tip - need assesment

  • From: Philippe Debar <philippe.debar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:05:51 +0100

Chris Smith a écrit :

Philippe Debar wrote:
I was disappointed of not being able to configure Dokuwiki without ftp
access. Of course, there is the config plugin, which works quite well,
but it can't modify any of the configuration files. So I moved the configuration files to data/pages and changed them to *.txt files to allow in-wiki configuration edition.

Is there a reason you can't modify the config folder permissions so that its writable?
If you can update text files in your data folder there "shouldn't" be any reason why you can't allow dokuwiki to modify its own config files.

I am not sure I understand you correctly, but I realize I was not very clear myself. When I wrote:
> Of course, there is the config plugin, which works quite well,
> but it can't modify any of the configuration files.

I meant "configuration files other than local.php". For this file, it works perfectly.

I don't understand how changing directory permission (ftp chmod) would allow me to edit the conf/* files through the wiki. Could you further explain your simpler solution?

TIA

Sincerely,

Philippe