[dokuwiki] Re: Online configuration tip - need assesment

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:53:57 +0100

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:54:41 +0000
Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To be honest, I think it would be handy to have a "DOKU_LOCAL" setting
> separate from "DOKU_CONF".  That would allow the local settings files
> to  be placed somewhere other than the .conf folder. I guess
> acl.auth.php &  users.auth.php should count as local files.  The last
> touch would be to  have another setting "DOKU_LOCAL_EXT" to leave at
> default or specify txt.
>
> For mime, smileys & interwiki substitutions there should be a
> corresponding image in lib/images/*/.  Would it work to redirect these
>
> requests to data/pages/admin/*/?  This would require a
> "DOKU_LIB_IMAGES"  setting too.
>
> Final note, wordblock.conf doesn't allow a local version.  Should it.
>
> Andi, what do you think of making adjustments to settings/code to
> allow  a wiki managed wiki to operate?

*sigh* All this can be so easily achieved by a few symlinks. But I guess
that's out of scope as well, eh? I think a cooler solution would be a
second config plugin for those files. However I don't know if it is
really needed. I mean: how often are those files changed? Twice a year?

Personally I think this isn't worth any work. The local file for the
wordblock file may be a good idea, though.