[dokuwiki] Online configuration tip - need assesment

Hello list !

I just made a little experiment with my DW and, as I am __no programmer__,
I'd like some advice before including it in the tip page. Most of this
was guesswork and I was happily surprised to see that it seems to work.

I was disappointed of not being able to configure Dokuwiki without ftp
access. Of course, there is the config plugin, which works quite well,
but it can't modify any of the configuration files. So I moved the configuration files to data/pages and changed them to *.txt files to allow in-wiki configuration edition.

I did the following :

* moved conf/* to data/pages/conf/

* added secure ACL settings for conf category, like this :

conf:*  @ALL    0
conf:*  @admin  2

* changed the DOKU_CONF variable (?) accordingly in init.php : if(!defined('DOKU_CONF')) define('DOKU_CONF',DOKU_INC.'data/pages/conf/');

* changed every *.conf file in data/pages/conf/ into *.txt files

* accordingly replaced every .conf occurence by .txt

* changed every *.php file in data/pages/conf/ into *.txt files

* accordingly replaced every corresponding .conf occurence by .txt (acl.auth.conf -> acl.auth.txt, dokuwiki.conf -> dokuwiki.txt, local.conf -> local.txt

* for better online readability, I added a <file> just after the first
comment mark (#) in every file and a #</file> at the end of the file.

It _seems_ to work seamlessly so far. What do you think? What horrendous problem did I unknowingly create? Is ACL protection much weaker than ftp?