[dokuwiki] Re: Online configuration tip - need assesment

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:31:12 +0000

Andreas Gohr wrote:

*sigh* All this can be so easily achieved by a few symlinks. But I guess
that's out of scope as well, eh?
Yes, unfortunately, its a shame everyone doesn't have full SSH access to a linux server :-)

I think a cooler solution would be a
second config plugin for those files. However I don't know if it is
really needed. I mean: how often are those files changed? Twice a year?
Yes

It probably doesn't require a second plugin, just a few tweaks on the existing one to allow it to know where it kind find more settings information and how to handle it.
Personally I think this isn't worth any work. The local file for the
wordblock file may be a good idea, though.
Patch sent. I reckon a DOKU_LOCAL could be a good idea, I think it would aid the linux packagers (where DOKU_CONF is sometimes /etc/dokuwiki) and wiki farms I guess they can speak up if they agree or not.

Chris