[devel.cofsug] Re: Introducing myself

  • From: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: devel.cofsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:03:25 +0530

Praveen I heard the long going issue b/w ruby and Debian ( I think because
of ruby gems) http://gwolf.org/blog/ruby-dissonance-debian-again
Is this fixed?.. I had seen the RFP because of the above issue I didn't
touch it.

Also there are few other interesting packages RFPed
1. Joomla - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571794 (this
was a surprise)
2. Codeigniter (PHP Framework)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2011/1/23 mihir kulkarni <mihirk.31@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >    I am ready to work under you regarding packaging software for Debian.
> >    I will try my best to provide maximum efforts from my side.
> >    Looking forward to your positive reply.
>
> Diaspora is a high priority request (based on its impact). Can you
> work on it (I had forwarded the RFP earlier)? It may be a bit complex,
> because it may be depending on many packages not yet packaged in
> debian,

> so you can have a group of 2-3 people to work on it. Ask for
> help here for any dependencies not yet packaged. Vasudev, Shraven and

myself can help you as well.

Yeah this is a great idea. :)

--

Vasudev Kamath