[devel.cofsug] Introducing myself

  • From: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: devel.cofsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:54:44 +0530

Hi all,
I'm Vasudev. A hacker from Karnataka I work on SILPA <
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/silpa> and pypdflib <
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pypdflib> I'm maintaining pypdflib
package in Debian-India team. Praveen asked me to join this list as a
mentor. I can guide in packaging software for Debian.
Also If any one interested we are looking for some developers in SILPA and
pypdflib projects as there are many tasks are pending. Myself and
Santhosh(CCed) can mentor interested people in the above projects. Feel free
to contact us if you are interested to work on these projects.

Let me just brief about the projects.
SILPA - Swathantra Indian Language Computing is a project targetted to
provide indic language solutions (spellcheking,transliteration,webfonts etc)
its written using Python programming language. You can have overview of the
project at http://silpa.smc.org.in

Pypdflib - is a PDF library created to solve the issue of rendering indic
and other complex scripts in PDF's. This uses pango and cairo API's to
render and create PDF's  respectively. This also uses Python as programming
language. The library is still in alpha stage and requires many things to be
done. Its currently uploaded to Debian Experimental and waiting in the new
queue. Library is also available in pypi

Both projects use Git as version control system.

Thanks and Regards

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com