[delphizip] Re: Preliminary version of TZipBuilder 1.71

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:09:40 +1100

Unfortunately neither of them is reliable!
tried the following test -
formatted 2 CD with both  InCD (w98) & DirectCD (wXP)
took size (a)
added small file (500 bytes)
took size again (reduced by 16K both InCD (w98) & DirectCD (wXP) - so far so
good)
in explorer had a look at 'properties' of the stored file
  Win98 said 4k
  WinXP said 2k
went back to Win98 this time said both 16k
It would appear neither version of Windows knows the allocation size
reliably.
Trouble is I don't think this is actually your problem! (but it does make
one wonder what else it doesn't know)
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html