[delphizip] Re: Preliminary version of TZipBuilder 1.71

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:46:52 +1100

I loaded InCD (not certain what version) on Windows98, on WinXP I use
DirectCD (I don't particularly like Nero especially for recording audio
though unfortunately Roxio and  Nero are heading towards each other).
WindowsXP service sp1 did fix a lot of bugs (introduced a few others) and is
seems the most stable of the 'domestic' versions - maybe the next version
will be better if they actually are concentrating on security (and hopefully
reliability).

Been checking and you can 'split' most zips into parts using the WriteSpan
function (hopefully is public) at least that way if something goes wrong you
don't have to compress again (I wrongly thought this could only be used
internally).
Russell Peters
http://www.users.bigpond.com/russellpeters/delphizip.html