[ddots-l] Re: getting more punch on drum tracks

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:21:23 -0000

Akai has been industry standard for the last 20 plus years.
They aren't going to let go easily.

Years ago I used to use a Roland module version of the W30, The sample rate was
30HKZ but some how the processor made any drums I sampled sound tougher than
the source samples.

Software will get there, I don't think it's even 2 years away.

I'll personally need a much bigger computer to cope with any of the next
generation of sounds.

Steve W