[ddots-l] Re: getting more punch on drum tracks

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 04:32:46 -0500

Hi Steve,

Funny you say that about software drums not being as punchy as hardware. A
friend of mine brought in an Akai mpc4000 to my studio, and I have to say that,
although I have great drum samples that I run through the sfz, they still don't
hit hard like they do when you play them through the akai mpc4000. My buddy had
been telling me that for quite a while, and at first, I thought that with good
samples, you could emulate the hardware sound, but it's just not the case. Now,
I'm considering purchasing an akai mpc4000 myself. The only thing stopping me
is the accessibility question with the unit. Akai software is definitely not
accessible. So now, the question remains: how accessible is the unit's
interface.

Omar Binno

Website: www.omarbinno.com
AIM: LOD1116