[ddots-l] Re: Sonar: Simple Track Alignment Problem

  • From: Dominique <40493raywonder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:05:55 -0500

Deth roe camp?
O no.

On 8/23/2011 12:33 PM, Shawn Brock wrote:
Hey Chris,

Glad you got this going. I was going to give a crack at aligning it myself, but I see that all is resolved.

I can sympathize with you on this one. I worked a couple of weeks ago with a hip-hop artist who gave me a track with the same problems. I was supposed to play guitar on a track for him, and the stereo mix that he sent me was in wav format, but it was obviously an MP3 which had been up sampled. I mean the sound of this thing was so degraded! I have never seen anything like it. I had told him that I wouldn't work with an MP3, so he just converted it into a wav file... Another request I usually make with these guys is that they must give the tempo, and have the project time correctly in sink.

In the end, I had like 4 guitar tracks to send back, and I could only guess how it would turn out when they dropped them into the session... All worked out for them though, or so I understand.

I must say for the record, that this guy is no amateur. He has had several number 1 hits on Billboard, and is in the Death row camp. He obviously isn't an engineer though.

When I sent the tracks over to the studio, I called the engineer and told him what he would be up against, according to him these activities are par for the course.

Shawn Brock
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>