[ddots-l] Re: Sonar: Simple Track Alignment Problem

  • From: <ivanlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:06:48 -0700

My observation is that sometimes vocal tracks are well aligned within
the DAWs they were created and when the audio gets transferred to a
different DAW, the vocal    becomes miss aligned. I suspect this may be
the case with your situation.

It would be easier to align the timing of vocal tracks across DAWS if
folks would be able to save their vocal tracks as acid or rex, but many
people for what ever reasons don’t do this.

Also, my observation is that the wav format is much more stable to
preserve timing than the mp3 format.

Take any professional finished recording on the MP3 format and import it
to Sonar and when you set the metronome to the appropriate BPMs you will
notice that the mp3 is not able to respect the tempo.

Cheers!

Ivan