[ddots-l] Re: Serious Problem With Jaws.

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 23:50:07 -0500

Just a bit more details just in case you guys can offer solutions:
Jaws does become unauthorized, and only a reauthorization would work. Jaws goes
into 40 min mode, and the serial is switched to 801, which means no
CT/sonar/HSC access. It started happening out of the blue, for no apparent
reason. It's as if he made hardware changes, but he hasn't. CMOS/bios is good,
date and time are set properly etc.
Last time I saw this was when using FW1884 in the prejaws 11 days, and once
when using hypersonic, syncrosoft threw jaws for a loop, guess it thought
syncro was its own dongle. But Josh is not using any dongles, and no hardware
changes have been made.
The only other thing I can say is JAWS14. I've had my share of issues with jaws
14, so I kept 13 until 15 came out. I'm talking about issues like video
intercept/mirror display drivers not being properly installed due to
invalid/out of date signatures, jaws not properly initializing scripts, and I
had to help 2 memebers of the list with an even stranger issue, JAWS appeared
to have corrupted it's own file i/o system, where it kept giving out errors
every time a script was loaded, and nothing would load. It kept giving file i/o
errors. We downgraded to 13 at the time, and problems were gone. There were
also a few rare HSC bugs at the time as well.
All those problems were enough to keep me away!

Regards, D!J!X!