[ddots-l] Re: OT: Fwd: Re: [BCT] Microsoft demos super fast boot times in Windows 8

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:04:40 -0400

This is true... But as the push for windows8  is for tablets, they're going
to try and improve it for that. Ut the problem is, most of those tablets
still use ddr2 ram, not even ddr3. This shouldn't matter, but it sort of
does. Most ddr2 ram systems run at 667 or 800mhz, verry few systems use
1066mhz ddr2 ram.
I still wonder what the times would be like on that same system if they did
a real cold boot (which microsoft says it will live as an option), instead
of using the hybrid boot.

D!J!X!