[ddots-l] Re: Jaws interfereing with midi ports!

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 12:03:05 -0500

I've seen jaws do some weird stuff when using a donle, and once I had to
have fs reset a dongle because years ago syncrosoft messed up the
authorization somehow. If the unit is running on USB, it could be that jaws
is trying to access the usb driver to check if the machine is a dongle? It
does periodic checks for a dongle.

I know of someone who was playing with their motif while it was connected to
the computer, and after an hour or so, jaws came up with a message that said
the computer's date/clock was being altered too much so that jaws would now
run in demo mode. The person never even touched the computer!

Is this laptop running ILM or dongle authorization?

Regards, D!J!X!