[ddots-l] Re: Increase Fadeout In Sonar With Numpad Plus and Minus Keys

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:08:06 -0600

You can do that where you insert things like linear or exponential fades.

On Nov 28, 2015, at 5:52 PM, Mike Tyo <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This thread reminds me of a feature that I wish was in Sonar but isn't; and I
miss it. When I had my Roland VS-880, I was able to automate fades by
selecting the area, setting the From and Through markers, then applying the
feature. I don't remember what they called it, but it did a good job of
physically automating the faders so you got a really smooth fade in or out.

I use the fades under the Process menu in Sonar, but you have to be real
careful in how you apply it to get what you want. Sometimes I'll use a slider
on my midi controller to perform fades or pans in real time. That seems to
get better results in terms of a smooth operation of the control.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>