[ddots-l] Re: I like it easy

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <BSmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:22:51 -0500

Trilogy is a synth that I'd deal with its problems, just for those
spectacular bass sounds. I've never heard sampled basses like those. They're
like the monster versions of the megavoice basses on the Motif: many
velocity layers (mutes/bends/etc), each key individually sampled, release
samples, many performance samples: slides in all directions, among others.
The synth basses are pretty good, to. I could program better analog bass
sounds from scratch, but the synth presets with Trilogy are very useable
as-is. They're all sorted by style, so you can, for instance, find acid
basses, or a bass for an R&B track, with out having to scroll through loads
and loads of TB303 or zany techno basses.

Bryan

  _____