[ddots-l] Re: Help with mbox2

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 18:36:50 -0400

Unfortunately, Avid's ASIO drivers for all of their interfaces have real
problems. You might be able to get them to work with Sonar, but they haven't
been designed to support multicore processors. So, if you have a dual core,
quad core, etc processor, then you'll have issues. You can still get them to
work in Sonar by going in to the Options menu, selecting Audio Options, going
to the Advanced tab, and then unchecking the box that says use multicore
processing engine. If you uncheck that box, Sonar will run on a single
processor core. Your Avid interface will work just fine then, but, of course,
there will be an extremely limited amount of processing power available to
Sonar.

Don't expect Avid to fix this. They don't use ASIO for connecting their
interfaces to Pro Tools, and they aren't concerned with helping their
interfaces to run with DAWs made by other companies.

Bryan