[ddots-l] Re: Frequencies Of Telephone Tones

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:09:20 -0400

I don't use Audacity. Give it a try yourself, it's free.
All I said was that it has some sort of dtmf generator built in, and then I linked to an article that gives you all the frequency pairs you need, in case you have to plug those into a simple tone generator or synth.

That article also linked to many other articles to do with the phone system, so I'm sure some of those would have other bits of the puzzle.

At 12:02 AM 9/30/2011, you wrote:
So the Audacity DTMF Tone Generator can produce the call progress tones, as
well as push button dialing tones?