[ddots-l] Re: Behrenger mixers

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:11:33 -0600

According to service technicians in my area that's incorrect.  The Behrenger
used considerably less robust hardware, and your claims for it are anecdotal in
terms of quality as contrasted with the Mackie, that's one reason for the price
differential.

Nick

--Original Message Text---
From: Lewisjalexander@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:04:19 EST

hi guys.

ok here's a good one for you guys regarding mixers. now my experiences have
been both with mackie and behringer alongside
a few other manufacturers. the two I will mention are as follows
Behringer MX 9000 eurodesk.
Mackie 24/8 studio

both of the above desks are the same to a pedegree and are high quality 24
channel studio and live consoles. well suited for
recording 24 channels of audio. the mackie is more expensive though at ?2500
ish and the behringer at ?750 ish which
features the same high quality hardware.  if you want full 24 channel recording
on your workstation PCs I'd say go behringer. I
have the MX9000 and love it.

if you want a good soundcard to support this desk I recommend I'd say a
terratec phase 88 card X 3 so you get 24 channels in
3 breakout cards. which of course can be user installed at the front of any
base unit which I have done with a few machines
and my personal studio.

hope all this helps. Personally I find the behringer out of the two is more
accessible

lew