[ddots-l] Re: Behrenger mixers

  • From: Lewisjalexander@xxxxxxx
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:04:19 EST

hi guys.

ok here's a good one for you guys regarding mixers. now my experiences have
been both with mackie and behringer alongside a few other manufacturers. the
two  I will mention are as follows
Behringer MX 9000 eurodesk.
Mackie 24/8 studio

both of the above desks are the same to a pedegree and are high quality 24
channel studio and live consoles. well suited for recording 24 channels of
audio. the mackie is more expensive though at £2500 ish and the behringer at
£750 ish which features the same high quality hardware.  if you want full  24
channel recording on your workstation PCs I'd say go behringer. I have the
MX9000 and love it.

if you want a good soundcard to support this desk I recommend I'd say a  te
rratec phase 88 card X 3 so you get 24 channels in 3 breakout cards. which of
course can be user installed at the front of any base unit which I have done
with a few machines and my personal studio.

hope all this helps. Personally I find the behringer out of the two is more
accessible

lew