[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:10:58 +0100

On 10 May, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a SARPC with a Unipod card and USB.
> I can get an external 2.5 inch USB Hard drive that is powered from the USB
> socket, and requires no other external power source.
> Will this setup  function  connected to a Unipod?
> Put another way... Does the Unipod have enough power to do the business?

Discussions that I have had with Stuart & Matt @ STD suggest that the A9's
power supply is dictated by the need to provide sufficient to meet the
requirements of the 4 USB ports. I've every reason to suppose that the
equivalent holds for the Unipod so it may boil down to whether the device is
taking no more than the specification for USB allows.
If you want to be certain that the figures match then e-mail Matt directly.

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.finnybank.com