[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:38:23 +0100

In article <1df17ae04e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But there is no choice anyway - if you want a directly attached
> external hard drive with more than 2GB, it has to be RISC OS
> formatted. I still prefer the idea of having a network attached
> storage device - that combines all the advantages: Can be any size, is
> readable from all platforms, retains file types (though not all other
> RISC OS file attributes).

> Martin

Sorry this is not directly related to D Pilling software, but directly
related to the subject in hand as I use SparkFS to (Uncompressed) Zip
archive RO materials to transport via the network to a backup USB drive on
the Win PC.

I have a SARPC with a Unipod card and USB.
I can get an external 2.5 inch USB Hard drive that is powered from the USB
socket, and requires no other external power source.
Will this setup  function  connected to a Unipod?
Put another way... Does the Unipod have enough power to do the business?

Obviously my intention, if it did work, would be to format the drive in RO
and backup to that, and save all the work of archiving before transferring
to the Win PC backup drive.

Cheers
Dave S

PS: I guess I should be asking STD this question, but as the matter was
already to hand...
D.