[cst_2014_board] Re: state shirts

  • From: Marlene Hutton <marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:39:32 -0600

I understand your feelings, Carol--I feel the same way. I don't know that the coaches would have an opinion on this one way or the other. Isn't it amazing how many details there are to the season? I really like Trish's idea of having a suggested donation for the shirts.

As soon as I get the entry numbers from the coaches, I will be sending out a message with what people owe for entry fees. Would you like me to put something in about shirts at that time as well? How about something about Cinzetti's? Anything else regarding State? Just let me know what details should be included.

Thanks for your thoughtful work, CAPS!

Marlene

On 7/21/2014 9:56 PM, CAROL CLEAR wrote:
I guess I'm torn too, it's hard to make the shirt optional if we want the "team feel" and hard to make it a requirement if we hadn't discussed it. I just/ personally/ feel bad to ask for $ for a t-shirt they knew nothing about. Those that know the drill are happy to pay but I feel it needs to be the same for all (we do have a circumstance where a family will find it difficult to come up with the $ but another family stepped up and wants to pay it forward for them if we collect)

Thanks for the reminder Karen, charging 1/2 may be the way to go, this year at least. Softens the cost on each end?

Not a big deal in the end, just something to add to the list when we tie things up at the end of the year. I suppose asking the coach's doesn't hurt for upcoming years for what they prefer, just not sure it's necessary this year.

Two other points-
The cost increased to $291 (up $9 to get them here by Thurs...somehow need to figure out how to keep cost down when we have to wait until city)
I got each coach shirts, I am assuming we will absorb the cost of those?

Sorry I didn't have time to run all this before everyone prior to the ordering.
Carol

From: rostergren@xxxxxxx
Subject: [cst_2014_board] Re: state shirts
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:52:03 -0600
To: cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm torn, but am fine with any decision. On one hand, it's a nice CST gesture. On the other hand, I don't want it to seem odd to other parents of swimmers who didn't make it to State but feel like they are paying for others. And that's all the hands I have. As a parent of a state swimmer, I'm not expecting it. Should we get a vote from coaches? Seems like they should maybe give feedback as to what message they are comfortable sending. Will they be the ones to distribute the shirts? Wherever the decision lands this is probably something we can add to our team documents that parents receive early in the season.

Renée Ostergren
~ enjoy the now ~

On Jul 21, 2014, at 1:41 PM, CAROL CLEAR <carolclear@xxxxxxx <mailto:carolclear@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    CAPS-
    Wanted to see what you all thought of CST paying for the state
    t-shirts from the budget instead of asking families to pay?
    The total was $272 or apx $17/shirt.
    Carol