[cst_2014_board] Re: state shirts

  • From: Heidi M Mechtenberg <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:38:33 -0600

I like the idea of a donation for the shirt because we don't want to obligate
anyone to be required to by the shirt.  Those that know the tradition and
history can then also make their decision. In the future with some organised
fund raisers, we can use those funds rather than swimmer fees. I think in the
by-laws or terms and conditions, we can perhaps more explicitly define which
type of resources go to which purchasing. For example, fees go to coaching,
water, city meet and state relay fees, and other items needed to run the team
as a whole or benefit the team as a whole. Also in this category assuming any
monies left over would be funds set aside for larger wish list items.  Specific
fund raisers could also be designed to supplement the reserve fund. But
concessions, t-shirt sales, other fund raisers could go into the "fun" fund for
popsicles, ice cream, gold caps, state t-shirts. I don't think we necessarily
think we have to track all this specifically, but if it is stated as such, our
intentions should be clear.
Speaking of tracking monies and finances, Lisa and I were talking at City Meet
and thought we almost need a treasurer and a bookkeeper. John as been acting as
de-facto treasurer with writing checks since Lisa cannot. She has really been
functioning as a bookkeeper. I also feel the VP position has not been early
defined nor have Renee's talents been fully utilised.
Heidi