[cst_2014_board] Re: Volunteer Deposit

  • From: Marlene Hutton <marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:59:32 -0600

Ashlyn Thieman is the swimmer who had the issue with the coaches and her swim cap. I don't know if this plays into her quitting the team or not. As far as I know, they have not asked for any other monies back. I think the family had communicated with the coaches about a medical issue Ashlyn was having midseason, but I have no idea whether they talked to the coaches about quitting the team for the rest of the season. Asking the coaches seems like the best next step on this one. Otherwise, as you said, Heidi, and as Trish said, if they didn't communicate this with anyone, how could we know? I'm also a little concerned about the line "I would prefer not to divulge the details" in this parent's email. If a parent isn't willing to tell us about a disagreement with the coaches (or with the board, for that matter) then it becomes possible to accuse anyone of anything. But, maybe they did communicate they were quitting to the coaches, and the coaches did not pass that along to us. If that is so, that is an issue we need to address as well.--Marlene

On 8/1/2014 2:40 PM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg wrote:

Karen, sending this to the board.

Did anyone know about this family quitting? Did they ask for any of their other monies back?

1. I am inclined to ask what transpired, so that we can improve our process in the future.

2. I am inclined to keep the check if we didn’t know that this family formally quit the team. There was opportunity here to communicate a problem and to refund the fees if it came down to that.

Thoughts?

-Heidi

From: *John Thieman* <johnthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:johnthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: Volunteer Deposit
To: Karen Doty <karenkaywill@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:karenkaywill@xxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: Carrie Thieman <carrielthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:carrielthieman@xxxxxxxxxxx>>

I would like to be exempt from this fee.

My daughter quit the swim team in mid june due to disagreements with the coaches.

i would prefer to not divulge the details but also do not feel it fair to pay for a fee on a team with which she spent only 3 weeks.

Thanks

John and Carrie Thieman

Sent from my iPad