[cst_2014_board] Collindale Swim Family

  • From: "Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Amanda Nerbovig'" <amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MacKenzieL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 17:45:26 -0600

Coaches, were you under the impression that Ashlyn Thieman quit the team
mid-June over the swim-cap dispute?  I believe that there might have also
been a medical issue in addition/instead that could have confused the issue?
Did you get any indication that Ashlyn would be quitting the team for good?

This family is asking for their volunteer deposit to be returned since
Ashlyn quit after 3 weeks.

We do not want to be punitive anymore to the family, but also do not want to
set a precedence that sends the wrong message.

Thanks for your time!

Heidi

Also, is there anything you think that needs discussing as we work to tweak
our Collindale culture and procedures?  We should touch on things while they
are fresh.  I know you've got a few more meets to finish out the long-course
season, but just let us know.