[cryptome] Re: TrueCrypt compromised

  • From: tpb-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 01:38:33 +0200

It would be extremely interesting to see statistics about how many people are -
still - falling in this kind of social engineering trap.

It is so old fashioned that makes one wonder if it is still effective, but who
knows? Do somebody has the numbers crunched from recent research in the field?

I think the natural reaction should be: ok, truecrypt is no good, what is
better than it?

Instead of: ok, truecrypt is no good, what is the stopgap we can use meanwhile?

How many people react like the first possibility and the second possibility?

Any takers?