[cryptome] Re: TrueCrypt compromised

  • From: In Harms Way <11414150173@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 09:13:37 +0300

Now serious: Which open-source programme for container-encryption of all
files and disks the professionals like medical doctors, lawyers, priests
et. al. still can use to fulfil their legal obligation to store patient
or client data 100% secure ????

To my understanding PGP encryption with UCE (only user has the private
key - private key not grabbed by any webmail etc.) for e-mails (e.g. via
Thunderbird and enigmail) is still not broken (if user disabled
hibernation on his/her machine to avert pass-phrase stealing from the
hibernation dump).

But which other truecrypt-like open-source programme still stands strong
for file/disk-encryption.?

Any suggestions?

--
We have nothing to hide, but something to protect:
LIBERTY, PRIVACY & FREEDOM