[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:17:13 EST

In a message dated 2/1/2005 10:41:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Cuffy10@xxxxxxx writes:

From the BlackViper.........
disable that restore point and wipe out the trojan.....
It will be deleted won't it ?

    Got me, you're the techie here.  According to the message I keep getting
from McAfee, I need to shut off write protect.  Unless that info is in the
Bruce e-mail you mentioned, I still have no clue how to do that.

NOTE: If you disable this service, your previous "restore points" will be
deleted. If, for what ever reason, you do not want this to happen, do not
disable
this service.

    At the moment my restore points only back about a week.  So I'm not
really worried about them.

                            Dale