[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:24:30 EST

Thanks,

    I don't have much time tonight, I have to get up for work in 4 hours, so
I'll try to get it done after work tomorrow.
    One thing I noticed a few weeks ago and it may be just before I got this
virus....I got two Mailer Daemons one night and they were both from a friend
of mine in Florida that I haven't even chatted with in a few months.  It's
telling me that that addy doesn't exist anymore, but I never e-mailed her in
the
first place!  I did something to stop it from happening, what it was, I don't
recall, (probably ran some form of anti-spyware and it caught a thing or two
and I deleted them), and it did the trick, but last week, I got another one
from
the same addy.  I can only guess that someone's using my addy to send stuff
to people in my buddy list (I don't use the address book, so there's nothing in
it), and this friend of mine must've changed her addy without telling me, or
just isn't on line anymore, so I'M getting the returned mail notices.  I
guess, once they have all the addy's in the buddy list, it no longer matters if
have the spyware.

                            Dale