[CTS] Re: shutting off write protect

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:40:14 EST

Cuffy,

    Okay, I got the stingers, went to the site, dl'd it, shut off the system
restore (as far as I know), ran stingers AND McAfee and no viruses were found.
 However, I still can't use my printer.  The virus did something to keep me
from being able to use it.  I found the installation discs and the one for my
printer is in the E drive now, but it's trying to read it like it's a music cd!!
    I'm trying to re-install the drivers for the printer but it keeps looking
in the A drive and when I open the E drive in the drop down menu it's telling
me that I have the JamCam disc in it!!!!  I haven't used the JamCam disc in
almost a year!!
    What the hell is going on here if I don't have any viruses?  And why is
Xoft still pulling up the same 6 items (spies, etc.), when I've already deleted
at least two of them?

                            Dale