[CTS] Re: Needed: Expert from Out of Town

  • From: Davisunit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:26:05 -0300

Open the .html file in Word (or copy/paste into Word), hold Alt key, click/drag mouse downward to highlight an imaginary column which includes the seven characters. Hit delete, then save.

Terry

Cuffy10@xxxxxxx wrote:

134399 - How to Increase Conventional Memory for MS-D
I have almost 3000 IE shortcuts listed in the above format. I sorted them with File Sieve and all those beginning with a number, were, of course, filtered into the # folder. The number isn't very descriptive when trying to find an answer to a particular problem. Editing each one individually would take the rest of my life so I'm looking for a toy to do the job.
Removing the first seven characters from each would be a good start but how do I do that ?
If John comes in with "load Linux and use Perl" the Ivy in Ivy League will be poison ivy <g>.
Thnx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm