[CTS] Re: Monitor/Rebooting Pc

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:40:22 -0800

I would "highly" suggest that if you wish to save power, just shut down
the computer all together. If not, just use the power option>power
schemes>"turn off monitor" settings. You can even try that right now! :-)
This is what I did before. (Ever since the great explosion last week or
so, I now shut down the computer when I go to sleep.) I'd just set the
timer to three minutes. (provides a great night lite) In the morning, a
slight nudge of the mouse and viola, the monitor powers back up.

Remember that when you hibernate, XP will write a ton of stuff to your
hard drive (supposedly so that your computer will be in the same state
when you take it out of hibernation), but if you just power down the
monitor, and go to sleep, the same things that were there when you went
to sleep, will be there when you wake up. :-)  Of cours if there's no
power loss and so forth!

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:02:21 EST, CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx took time to say the
following:

>At bedtime..I put the pc into standby mode, and I turn the monitor off!  In
>the morning..I hit a keyboard key, bring the pc out of standby and turn the
>monitor on..hahahahahahaha..at least 1 or 2 times a week, the monitor will not
>power up, just stays in whatever mode they stay in when they don't think
>they're getting a signal from the pc.
>                                                         Jackie
>
>In a message dated 2/17/2007 3:21:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Standby as in powering  down  your monitor, or placing the hard drives
>> in standby as well? Usually if CAD doesn't work, you're basically SOL.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm