[CTS] Re: Monitor/Rebooting Pc

  • From: daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:01:37 -0800

Then that would/should tell you "stop" using hibernation! :-D I'm in the middle of doing a second install (of XP) in three days. :-( So I'm on my other (SLOW) computer on my website sending this. The three minute delay gives me enough light to get under the covers and get comfortable. :-) CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx writes:

Interesting Joe..but..I think it's something else..since my pc and monitor are on allllllll day and night till bedtime..and no problems. It's just that standby mode thingy. But I'll check this out..thanks!!!!!
                                                         Jackie :-D
In a message dated 2/17/2007 8:03:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jackie.............. possible sore spot ?
motherboards with the bloating or  leaky capacitors. Model(s) in question
are the Dell GX270 Optiplex (all  form factors) and less on the GX 280's.
Symptoms were like the computer  went into hibernating/powersave, you
would have to restart; some would  restart repeatedly; some would go
black screen twice a day or once every  two or three days. All would go
to black screen. It was very frustrating  troubleshooting each one until
Dell admitted to a capacitor problem on  mainboards manufactered before a
certain date. Posted by: Ron at January 25, 2007 08:27 AM >

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm