[CTS] Re: Monitor/Rebooting Pc

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:02:48 EST

Interesting Joe..but..I think it's something else..since my pc  and monitor
are on allllllll day and night till bedtime..and no problems.   It's just that
standby mode thingy.  But I'll check this  out..thanks!!!!!
                                                         Jackie :-D

In a message dated 2/17/2007 8:03:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Jackie.............. possible sore spot ?
motherboards with the bloating or  leaky capacitors. Model(s) in question
are the Dell GX270 Optiplex (all  form factors) and less on the GX 280's.
Symptoms were like the computer  went into hibernating/powersave, you
would have to restart; some would  restart repeatedly; some would go
black screen twice a day or once every  two or three days. All would go
to black screen. It was very frustrating  troubleshooting each one until
Dell admitted to a capacitor problem on  mainboards manufactered before a
certain date.

Posted by: Ron at  January 25, 2007 08:27 AM >