[CTS] Re: Monitor/Rebooting Pc

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:20:02 -0800

Standby as in powering  down  your monitor, or placing the hard drives
in standby as well? Usually if CAD doesn't work, you're basically SOL.
:-(

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:00:24 EST, CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx took time to say the
following:

>Ok..here's the deal..my Dell monitor/pc has  issues..aaargh!  There are times
>when I come out of standby that my monitor  won't come out of standby mode.
>So I'm forced to do a hard shutdown to  reboot, then it's fine.
>Are there any keyboard shortcuts that will re-boot my  PC?  I've tried CADx2
>but that doesn't work.  Any  suggestions?
>I've downloaded Dell updates for the monitor, graphics card,  etc.  The error
>message I get is.."there is no signal coming from your  computer".  *shrug*.
>This is why I NEED some kind of shortcut if  there is one, to reboot without
>having to click on things I CAN'T see to  reboot..because of my stoooopid
>monitor.
>                                          TIA.......Jackie

When a computer dies, does it see a blue screen?

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm