[CTS] Re: Joe..

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:24:32 -0400

Note a new build of AOL Security Edition is out. Keyword Upgrade. It will not
say, but is there. Also if you do not use AOL much. In the systray icon. AOL
Settings and one of those you will see "Enable Fast Load" or something, un
check it. THis will cause AOL to not keep some things in memory all the time.

ALso to free up stuff once installed go in add/remove and remove:
AOL Deskbar
AOL Toolbar
AOL SPyware (if you wish)
PortMagic
AOL YGP ScreenSaver
and run the un-installer if you wish for AOL and remove all the old ones. if
you do upgrade, may want to keep one version behind just in case. Disabling
processes or services related to AOL can cause it not to connect so be carful.

Eric