[CTS] Re: Helppppp Mr Wizard! :-)

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:55:25 -0600

They actually are an enhanced PCI electrically but they've made the socket
and connector mechanically different in ways (such as the spacing) to
prevent it from being used in a PCI slot, or a PCI device from being used in
the AGP slot. I saw a detail of the AGP bus a couple days ago while
searching out other things and it essentially an enhanced PCI, much the same
as EISA is a combination of ISA and microchannel, or enhanced ISA (hence the
E in EISA). EISA is the the grandparent of PCI.