[citw150] CITW150 L3 Q4

  • From: Rayne Sherman <skyes18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 06:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I chose to look at chain letters for this question.  I
hate chain letters and always have ever since I got
email in high school.  I never pass them on.  I think
the worst ones are the ones about sick kids who need
your help by forwarding this email that explains their
disease.  Supposedly when you forward the email money
will be donated, usually by a corporation to whatever
foundation (ex. American Cancer Society) in the kid's
name.  Here is a link to an example of what I'm
talking about:

http://www.nonprofit.net/hoax/catalog/Chain_Letters/chain2.html

And here is the American Cancer Society's response to
these types of emails.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MED/content/MED_6_1x_Jessica_Mydek.asp?sitearea=MED

Rayne Sherman

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/