[citw150] CITW150 L3 Q4

  • From: Lyndsey Gilreath <lyndseygilreath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv Post <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:19:59 -0700 (PDT)

  I chose an internet hoax because it would be something that would tempt
me...free stuff.  There is a hoax that claims Microsoft, Disney and the Gap are
giving away free stuff.  It involves counting copies of specific emails in
circulation on the internet.  This is definitely not true and not possible.
There is no way to count the number of emails nor how many times it has been
forwarded so dont try.

  If you get these emails that you think could be a hoax here are some hints
from the website.
  Dont send them on, check with the originator or a reliable source, if it
sounds to good to be true it probably is and remember it could be illegal.

  I found this hoax at
http://www.nonprofit.net/hoax/catalog/Free_Goodies/free_goodies.htm

Lyndsey Gilreath-LaLonde
lyndseygilreath@xxxxxxxxx