[chaoscope] Re: Development update

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:41:16 +0100

Hi CoMa, hello all,

I would like to see that Chaoscope could read UltraFractal's
gradient files (*.UGR) or convert the .UGR files into Chaoscope's
.MAP file format.

This is doable (reading Ultra Fractal gradient files) although color interpolation in Chaoscope is linear only. We'll eventually have our own gradient file format, because every program's got one so I don't see why Chaoscope shouldn't. :-)

And save in PNG

Again this is doable, and I see where you're coming from, we need a lossless compressed file format, the defacto standard being PNG.

There are a few freely available PNG libraries for Borland development platform, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Nicolas Desprez