[chaoscope] Re: Catching up (perspective)

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:50:52 +0000

Hi Alan, hello all,

Can you get it to start really zoomed out and keep zooming in until a point ends up not in view. Then zoom out one step and leave it there?

Well you could already scale an attractor down to a single point with version 0.1, or as big as possible until no points are left on the screen in 0.3.

0.4 will let you choose if you want perspective or not, and when you do you'll be able to chose the field of view, from 1 to 179 degrees. Passed 120 degrees the attractor is really distorted and if you scale it up it will wrap around the view.

I'm sending a picture that's showcasing three new features: Saturation (I feel stupid for not having introduced it earlier), perspective and perspective blur. The last one is a bit experimental. I'm not sure you can see on the picture what it does: blurring the closest parts of the set as they come near the observer, a bit like focal blur. The field of view here is about 140 degrees. In isometric projection the attractor would easily fit within the view. I think it's groovy.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez

JPEG image