[bookshare-discuss] Re: Requesting some Help with the List

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:37:02 -0500

Hi, Brenda!  I currently use a very old BrailleNote which does not have the
Web browser.  However, I can tell you that you won't find the New York Times
by doing a typical search of the site.  As Peter said, you must first go to
the Periodicals page.  Then you go to the combo box with the list of
newspapers.  Someone else will need to take it from there for you, because I
don't know the commands for navigating combo boxes in keyWeb.

As a response to your other comments, most of the volunteers who scan books
for Bookshare are in fact blind or visually impaired, so that really isn't
an issue here.  Take care!

Jana