[bookshare-discuss] Re: Newbie Questions / file formats

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:53:34 -0400

Debbie,

You can't convert the Daisy files directly to MP3.

But here is a a work around.  But personally and I am really thinking about
it, a book courier may be a better solution.

1. Download and unpack the book.
2. Allow the unpack to save one as a .html file.
3. Open the .html and save as a .txt
4. Use a MP3 utility, alas they are not free! and then go listen to your
hearts content.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council